An introduction to the most useful features of this powerful, yet often overlooked Autodesk software, updated for the 2009 release. Includes all new screen captures of the 2009 interface, with expanded explanations and descriptions. The authors are skilled instructors with direct industry and classroom experience.
Perfect for users of stand-alone Map 3D, and since Map 3D is a standard part of both Land Desktop and Civil 3D, this book can also take users of these popular software platforms to a whole new level of productivity.
You will learn the best procedures for many common tasks, including:
- Repairing Incomplete or Inaccurate Geometry
- Importing GIS Data
- Attaching Data to AutoCAD Objects
- Automating Annotation of AutoCAD Objects
- Using Better COGO Tools
- Working with Multiple Coordinate Systems
- Inserting Rectified Raster Images
- Using Contour Data from GIS Sources
- Learning the Basics of Queries
- Extracting Data for Reports and Quantity Takeoffs
- Quickly and Easily Mapping your Data
- Exporting to DWF and Other GIS Software
This book is suitable for anyone from general AutoCAD users to seasoned professionals in the Civil Engineering, Surveying, Mapping, Land Development or GIS industries.
Features and Benefits of all Cadapult books:
- Lessons build upon one another using a contiguous dataset, providing consistency through the entire book
- Skills learned through easy-to-follow, step-by-step procedures
- Sequential exercises that follow one logical, real-world example project
- Flexible datasets allow you to “skip ahead” to a relevant lesson, or use as an on-demand reference guide
- Detailed explanations and chapter summaries facilitate learning and retention
- Written by instructors with decades of industry and teaching experience
- Tested and refined in classrooms with a broad cross-section of students
This book has 304 pages, organized into 14 chapters.
Authors: Rick Ellis, Russell Martin