An introduction to the most useful features of this powerful, yet often overlooked Autodesk software. The authors are skilled instructors with direct industry and classroom experience.
You will learn the best procedures for over a dozen common tasks, including:
- Repairing Incomplete or Inaccurate Geometry
- Collecting Data from Different Sources
- Attaching Data to AutoCAD Objects
- Automating Annotation of AutoCAD Objects
- Using Better COGO Tools
- Using Multiple Coordinate Systems
- Inserting Rectified Raster Images
- Learning the Basics of Queries
- Quickly and Easily Mapping your Data
- Using Object Classification to Enforce CAD Standards
- Using Topologies to Perform GIS Analysis
- Creating Thematic Maps
- Plotting Map Books
- Exporting to DWF and other Software
This book is suitable for anyone from general AutoCAD users to seasoned professionals in the Civil Engineering, Surveying, Mapping, Land Development or GIS industries. It is 441 pages long, organized into 17 chapters.
This book is largely exercise based, providing step-by-step procedures for many common tasks. While it continues to be used as the framework for instructor led training, it can also stand alone as reference material for users of all skill levels. The included dataset is structured so that you can pick up at any chapter and learn just the features you need to accomplish a specific task. Or, follow the exercises cover-to-cover for an excellent grasp of all the major features of this powerful and versatile software.
If you have an older version of Map 3D, we offer a book written for the 2005 version, which is also recommended for the 2004 and 2006 versions.
Features and Benefits of All Cadapult Books:
- Lessons build upon one another using a contiguous dataset, providing consistency through the entire book
- Skills learned through easy-to-follow, step-by-step procedures
- Sequential exercises that follow one logical, real-world example project
- Flexible datasets allow you to “skip ahead” to a relevant lesson, or use as an on-demand reference guide
- Detailed explanations and chapter summaries facilitate learning and retention
- Written by instructors with decades of industry and teaching experience
- Tested and refined in classrooms with a broad cross-section of students
Authors: Rick Ellis, Michael Carris, Russell Martin
View the Table of Contents.