Learn to leverage the power of AutoCAD Civil 3D with this book. Digging Into AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 takes you through a complete project while you learn the fundamentals of AutoCAD Civil 3D.
One of the biggest challenges for users migrating from 2009 or earlier releases of Civil 3D is learning the completely redesigned interface featuring the ribbon. To be productive in this version you will need to be able to find familiar commands, as well learn new ones. This book features rewritten exercises, with all new screen captures to guide you through the new ribbon interface and build the comfort level needed to be productive in Civil 3D.
You will learn the best procedures for many common tasks,
including working with:
- The New Ribbon Interface
- GIS Data
- Raster Images
One of the most important features in Civil 3D is Styles. Styles control the display, labeling, and in some cases the geometric properties of Civil 3D objects. This book exposes you to many different object and label styles as you work through the project, teaching you the concepts within the context of an ordinary workflow.
Since many of you are transitioning from Land Desktop, many tips are included to make this process easier.
This is an update to our popular Level 1 book for Civil 3D 2010. It uses the same dataset and project, however, there are many reasons that you will want to have this new version of the book for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010. We are confident that you will find it a valuable resource as you work with Civil 3D.
Top 5 reasons to upgrade if you have an earlier edition of our book:
- Updated screen captures and steps for the changes to the new 2011 Ribbon Interface
- Updated exercises for critical changes to 2011 processes and functionality
- New descriptions and explanations in all chapters to help you understand “why”, not just “how”
- More screen captures to help you quickly and easily understand complex topics
- New exercises to explore topics not covered in earlier editions of the book, including Creating Section Sheets and much more
Features and Benefits of all Cadapult books:
- Lessons build upon one another using a contiguous dataset, providing consistency through the entire book
- Skills learned through easy-to-follow, step-by-step procedures
- Sequential exercises that follow one logical, real-world example project
- Flexible datasets allow you to “skip ahead” to a relevant lesson, or use as an on-demand reference guide
- Detailed explanations and chapter summaries facilitate learning and retention
- Written by instructors with decades of industry and teaching experience
- Tested and refined in classrooms with a broad cross-section of students
This books is 421 pages, organized into 9 chapters.
Author: Rick Ellis
Meet the Author
Rick specializes in AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD Map 3D, AutoCAD Land Desktop, and AutoCAD Raster Design.
He is a member of the Autodesk Developer Network. He is the author of several books including “Digging Into AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010”, “Digging Deeper Into AutoCAD Civil 3D 2008”, “Digging Into Autodesk Land Desktop 2006” and “Digging Into AutoCAD Map 3D 2010”, co-author of “Introducing Autodesk Civil 3D”, a select author for CAD Digest, and an instructor for the AUGI training program.